Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Never Told You

Haven't you ever thought to yourself, I should have said that to them or I can always say it later. Once we're in that mentality, it's extremely easy for us to just let those thoughts go and forget them. But what happens when those thoughts fade away? Do they stay gone and never come back again? Hardly, they come back at the most inopportune moments which always happen to be when said person is around. Murphy's law is a wonderful thing, isn't it...

That being said, how does this not apply to every aspect of our lives, especially the spiritual ones. Since this is a blog and it was originally meant for some kind of personal connection, here's mine. I will be the first person to tell you how far I once fell from the graces let myself walk away. That's so like us too. Just to let us put the blame on other people and not come to terms with the fact that it was probably our own stupid decision that got us to where we are today. If we would have just said those words, wouldn't everything just be better? Worse? Or cleansing? The fact is, those words may alter a relationship and that fear is what kept us from saying those words and thinking those thoughts to begin with.

For the longest time, and sometimes still now, I have loathed the phrase "Everything happens for a reason." The fact is, according to Jeremiah 29:11, everything does happen for a reason. Come what may, God is always there for us and He wants us to be prosperous. Remember, prosperous is not money as most people see it to be. It's leading a good life with health and happiness, wherever and however that may be, at least that's what I believe. God provides, and that's all the reasoning I need to keep going.

But how does this apply to everyone else who doesn't believe in God or for those people who just want a real world decision? To give you the Simple and Clean version of it, just say the words. They will either make your relationship stronger or, not so sad to say, they will weed out the trash that you shouldn't have been wasting your time on to begin with.

But I never told you
What I should have said
No, I never told you
I just held it in

And now,
I miss everything about you
Can't believe that I still want you
And after all the things we've been through
I miss everything about you
Without you


If we don't say those words, whatever they may be, the fact is, if that person those words were intended for disappear from our lives as we move on with our lives, we will always have that feeling of regret. What if I had?

To a couple of people who to this day don't know how I feel because I never said those words, I miss everything about you...

No comments:

Post a Comment